What is your age?
2. What type of nursing program
did you graduate from?
3. How long have you been in
4. Do you consider nursing a
professionor a job
5. What is your specialty?
6. In what position are you
7. By what size facility are you
< 100 beds
8. By what type of facility are
9. What type of unit do you work
in over 80% of the time?
10. How many beds are on your
11. What is the nurse patient
Rate the following on a
scale of 1 – 5:
1 = Unsatisfied, 2 =
Somewhat unsatisfied, 3 = Somewhat satisfied, 4 = Satisfied, 5 = Very
12. If you have been employed less than one year
how satisfied were you with your orientation period?
13. How satisfied were you with your preceptor?
14. How satisfied were you with the nursing staff
as a resource?
15. How satisfied were you with the work
16. How satisfied are you with the ability to
advance within your facility?
17. How satisfied are you with the ability to
advance within the nursing profession?
Yes or No to the Following:
18. Did you have more than one
If yes, How many
19. Do you agree with the
staffing at your facility? Yes
20. Have you left the
traditional nursing role? Yes
If yes, what do you do?
If no, why have you stayed?
you feel management supports staff? Yes
you think you are adequately compensated?
Are you satisfied with the hours that you work?
Was there a mentor available to you? Yes
you feel a mentor would make a difference?
Are you a member of your state nurse’s assoc.
If NO, Why not?
Choose one to answer the following:
What do you consider the biggest problem on the job?
Lack of Respect
Lack of Support
Other (please explain below)
a scale of 1 – 10 (one = worst and 10 = very satisfied) how would you rate
your satisfaction with the nursing profession?
Why did you become a nurse? Fifty (50) words or less.
What would you do to make the nursing profession more appealing?