Astronomy lab # 01
Welcome to the Mars Lab (Lab # 8) of your Laboratory Textbook for Elementary Astronomy. This lab
consists of two parts. The first part displays a view of Mars
according to the coordinates entered by the user, longitude and latitude. And the second part displays a specific image from Mars according to the option you choose from the menu bar located in the top of the applet.
- Enter the coordinates or click on one of the images to be displayed according to your need.
- Enter the values for latitude and longitude and then press submit.
- To do a close-up on any of the images: first, set the size as required by picking any of the sizes located in the top of the applet, and then once the image has been diplayed, click on the upper left corner and drag the mouse to the lower right corner, then release the mouse. You will see a rectangle in the screen. If you think that this portion of the image is the close-up target, click on the CLOSE-UP bottom located in the top of the applet.
- To get some Help, click on the HELP button.
- The bounds for Latitude and Longitude are the following:
- 0 <= Latitude < = 36
- 20 <= Longitude <= 337