Directions for Turnitin.com
Registering for the first time:
1. Click on the link above.
2. Click on "New Users" in the top right corner.
3. Click on "student"
4. Enter the class ID and password from your syllabus, followed by your email address and your own password, secret question, etc. (Remember this information! You will use this to login in the future for each paper you submit.)
8. Enroll in your class.
Turning in a paper:
1. Log on to Turnitin.com with your email and password.
2. Click on your class.
3. Click on the assignment title to read information about it. Click on "submit" to upload your file. (Browse for the file like you're attaching a file to an email, and name the assignment, then click submit). Make sure you submit the correct file! Once it's submitted, the only way to override it is to have the instructor delete it from the list.
4. To print your originality report, go back to the list of assignments. Next to the assignment you submitted, a colored box will appear under "contents," which gives you a percentage of original material (Blue, green and yellow are good; orange and red are bad). Click on this colored box to open originality report and a comparison of other texts that compare to yours. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the colored box to appear, so refresh the page after a few minutes. (Some material will be the same if you're quoting from published texts, so don't worry about that.) Print the FIRST PAGE of this report and attach it to the front of your paper when you turn it in.