Business Information Systems Management
Dane Cornelius, Instructor
The Business Information Systems (BISM 2601) course familiarizes students with management information systems theory, the hardware and software systems available for meeting information systems requirements, and the application of current software packages (spreadsheets and databases) to solve information problems. The emphasis is primarily on using the computer through practical, hands-on operation thereby providing experience in the use of computers in higher-level courses and business environments.
As a result of completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Define and/or identify the functional role of hardware and software components and terminology.
- Describe the concept of a management information system.
- Explain the role of a management information system in an organization.
- Explain the impact of information technology in society.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve a problem using a worksheet application program, display the solution graphically, and print the results.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a database, store, retrieve, and manipulate data using a database management application program; create, use, and print queries as well as print the data in forms and/or reports.